Thursday, October 6, 2011

Land on Your Feet Pt 1

Have you ever found yourself in a place where you were bored at work? Your dream business that you launched wasn’t taking off the way you planned? Or maybe you have them both staring at you, out of work, and no business to even speak of? That feeling of incompleteness, that same feeling of immense void, or personal failure is exactly what led me to open up the laptop and start typing away. I’ve had the privilege of being personal friends with multi-millionaire's, interviewed and chatted with CEO’s, mentored, and been mentored by some of the best entrepreneurs around, and I’ve helped first time job seekers land their first job, and help others re-enter the workforce or get promotions. In each and every one of those scenarios, there was a consistent question that the millionaire’s, CEO’s, job seeker’s and entrepreneurs all had in common: “WHERE DO I GO FROM HERE”?

Truth be told that’s exactly where I found myself. My business wasn’t growing as quickly as I’d needed it to (married with children depending on me) I wasn’t working, and like most of us, THE HOUSE NOTE/RENT, and the rest of Murphy’s Law, was staring me in the face with not even the slightest of smiles. Now there were all kinds of ideas in my mind about how to fix this mountain of an issue, but I didn’t know where to start, I didn’t know who to ask, and even worse, couldn’t bear the thought of admitting any of this to my wife. Now maybe you are the wife reading this, in which case I apologize now! I’d like to speak for men everywhere when I say, I’m not nonchalant, I just didn’t know what to say, and admitting that as the head of the household, I literally have no clue…well, let’s just say it’s harder than failure itself. No one should ever be able to put more pressure on you than you put on yourself, because to be successful at anything you have to expect success. If you expect something to happen, no one else should be able to expect it more than you. Now I don’t know if it’s an ego thing, or just plain ignoring the signs that were all around me, but I figured that I had a pretty good handle on things, even though I obviously didn’t. Let’s be butt naked clear about this thing; at my lowest point, I had less than $300.00 in our joint account, less than $1000.00 in our retirement account, and only one income coming in with daycare, groceries, household priorities, and oh yeah, let’s not forget THE ROOF! We have to pay for that too right? So how on earth did we I get here?

There's definitely more to this story, but sticking with the title of "Landing on Your feet, I want to leave you with this clip below as the first hint or clue of what it will take to land on your feet. If you really truly watch this clip, and listen to the message that that I found within this scene, you will at the least have the fuse in your hand...Next we'll have to talk about how to light it!

**As always, if you find the contents of this blog helpful or inspiring, we ask that you share the page with your network, and leave a comment so we know what it is you're looking for and how we can help**

-HUSTLEHARDER

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think?