Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Putting It All Together, Reading Into The Minds of 2 Groundbreaking Authors!

I’d be telling you a complete lie if I said I wasn’t nervous at the attempt of pulling this one off, but when you have two AMAZINGLY TALENTED AUTHORS with great personalities, releasing books close to the same time, why not give it a shot right? After a few cups of strong coffee, I sent off the emails. Reaching out to Veronica E. Kelly and Kevin Carr was one of the smartest moves I ever could have made for two reasons: 1st because I believe that no matter what technology or device is ever introduced, people will always have to read. 2nd reason being that when most people think of leaving a legacy they have one of two thoughts, either I’ll make enough money to take care of the next generations, or I’ll write a book about my experiences. After speaking with them both, I’m convinced that if you don’t obey the fire that burns within you, you’ll literally die full of dreams, knowledge and a gift that could have blessed countless others. The written word is now, and has always been how the next generation will remember us; it’s timeless.


Take the story of Ms. Veronica E Kelly. Talented alumni of Columbia College that found herself like many of us today, working at a job that had absolutely nothing to do with what she studied, but doing what she had to do to make ends meet. There was a shift in her mindset which you’ll hear in this interview when the proverbial last straw dropped right on the camel’s back (yes I’m full of cliché’s) She decided to do what most people are scared to death of…follow her dreams. What followed has been nothing short of a snowstorm of inspiration, rave reviews, and something even more important for Veronica, a sense of accomplishment. I’ll tell you now, in my opinion, there are very few fiction writers that are able to be as creative and still write in that rare visual mode than Veronica E. Kelly. Her 2 books "DON'T TELL YOUR COUSIN" and "I Should Have Told Her" are all over amazon, selling out quickly, and I have a feeling that this is only the beginning.


Then there’s Mr. Kevin Carr, a gentlemen that I have tons of respect and appreciation for. He took a totally separate, but equally as important road to creating his book "If Men are Dogs". After a life changing experience, Kev’s (wait, you can’t call him Kev yet… just me- HA!) ANYWAY, this experience left Kevin not only curious it also left him with a sense of responsibility that spawned a 2 year research on his topic. Now I won’t tell you everything, but I will say this there aren’t a lot of men that are willing to tackle the subjects, and underlying reasons for those subjects that Kevin is. When you talk about fun, growth and a must read, you’re talking about Kevin Carr.

Now you’re probably asking why didn’t I have 2 separate interviews. The truth is, I felt like so many people have a story to tell, and don’t know how to go about it, as far as the process, the editing, the publishing that like I said earlier, they die with the wealth still inside of them. I want to draw that out of them, out of you. Can you imagine if books like “The Purpose Driven Life” and “Woman Thou Art Loosed” had never been written? What if there was never a “Think and Grow Rich” or Time Magazine? The world is starving for more GOOD authors. In this interview there are two of the strongest, up and coming authors that I’ve come across and from their stories alone, I’m sure that someone will be able to sit down and create a masterpiece, it’s not about competition, it’s about letting the story be told. If you or anyone you know is debating, procrastinating, or even sitting on a book that’s already written, I challenge you to listen to this interview and not think: “Wow, maybe I can do that too” both Veronica and Kevin tell their thought processes, as well as the steps they both took to create “their contributions”, after listening, the decision to tell your story is yours alone. I hope you truly enjoy this interview.




**As always, if you find the contents of this blog helpful or inspiring, we ask that you share the page with your network, and leave a comment so we know what it is you're looking for and how we can help**

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think?