Monday, February 20, 2012

The Learning Curve- Howard Jean Teaches How To "Be The CEO Of You"


Often the focus for business and entrepreneurship is focused on the hard work, the sacrifice, and “the grind” so to speak, while I ABSOLUTELY love those aspects, I have to be honest, if I only focused on the hard work, I’d be doing you and myself a disservice. So what’s the other part you ask? It’s education. The sorry excuse that a dreamer will give you sounds like this: “Well Richard Branson, Steve Jobs, etc… didn’t go to college, I don’t need it either” and to a point, you may be correct, but for the record, here’s my official stance: In anything you do, you’re going to need to learn the ropes, and you can either learn the easy way, or the hard way… It’s completely up to you.

When I reached out to the incomparable Mr. Howard Jean, I knew that I was reaching out to someone that lives up to his title of “EDUCATION REFORM LEADER” on a daily basis, but I had no idea how engaging, how approachable, and how positively insightful he would be. We all know that politics and education can be a “touchy” conversation, but this was the complete opposite. I want you to get ready for one of the most impactful interviews that seamlessly crossed the lines between education and entrepreneurship, politics, and music, and still manages to be fully loaded with motivation, inspiration, and FLAT OUT KNOWLEDGE.

Howard Jean, is an educator whose sincerity and passion to his craft has opened countless doors, for himself and those that he works with. What I’ve found most impressive is that he knows that the opened door for “him and his” isn’t enough. He works tirelessly to give back to students of all ages, while spreading the message of education, and showing the living proof, that with the proper education and work ethic, you not only afford yourself the choice to work in any area, for any company that you choose, but you can also be an amazingly successful entrepreneur as well. My personal goal with this interview is that you are able to make a decision if you’re on the fence about returning to school or not, and that you’re able to “pull the trigger” if you’re looking to get started in the roller coaster world of entrepreneurship. Howard Jean is proof that with the proper education, mindset, and work ethic, there is nothing that you can’t do…VERY WELL.




**As always, if you find the contents of this blog helpful or inspiring, we ask that you share the page with your network, and leave a comment so we know what it is you're looking for and how we can help**

1 comment:

  1. One word for this one, Chuck: P.O.W.E.R.F.U.L.!!!!!!! I love love love your blog and greatly admire your work and dedication!
    Keep doing what you're doing because you are electrfying the world with your glowing light!

    ReplyDelete

What did you think?